Monday 30 June 2014

Review | Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer | Beauty Brags

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer - 1 litre 
I first heard about this product whilst having a lazy day with my mum, who just happened to be watching QVC. As soon as I overheard the phrase "for curly hair", I immediately snapped my head towards the television - after years of trying to tame my thick, frizzy and curly hair, was there finally something that might help?

I must admit, I was dubious at first, especially with words like "miracle" being thrown around the place, but after a quick demonstration, I knew I had to try it!

It's not exactly cheap with the RRP for a 1 litre bottle standing at a handsome £75.00 from the Philip Kingsley website (as QVC no longer sell it, as far as I'm aware), but smaller versions of the product ranging from 75ml-500ml are available, the 75ml bottle starting at £15.00 and ranging appropriately from there. However, having a very generous mother and some wildly out of control hair, I opted to buy the 1 litre bottle, paying half the price and my mum paying the other half on the agreement that she could use it too!

As soon as it arrived, I was desperate to try it and so carefully read through the instructions. As a pre-shampoo treatment, the elasticizer should be applied throughout damp hair for around 30 minutes (or even overnight for maximum results!). It is recommended that you wrap a towel around your hair or put a hat on once the product has been applied to keep the heat on as the effect of the product will be better. It's also worthwhile mentioning that the treatment need not be applied to the roots of your hair and probably won't do much for the roots if you do apply it, so perhaps be careful when applying to avoid wasting the product!

Since you can keep the product on for as long as you have time for, I decided to keep it in for a few hours while I was keeping myself busy with uni work. Surprisingly, the product didn't itch or burn considering it was being kept in for so long and when I began to wash it out in the shower, I could already feel that my hair wasn't as dry or full of knots as it usually is. Normally as soon as I wash my hair, it becomes incredibly tangled, even if I've combed every last strand beforehand!

Now, the product promised suppleness, bounce and elasticity and it definitely delivered on every single one of those! My damaged hair was instantly restored and after a couple more uses, it was in better condition than I've ever seen it! But the real bonus to this product is one that isn't listed by the website and which was actually only picked up by the presenter on QVC. The main reason I bought this product was the promise that my hair would be easier to comb through after washing and daily after that - and it did not disappoint. Just ten minutes after washing, my hair was tangle-free (compared to the usual 30 minute tackle I usually have!) and feeling light and bouncy.

But here's the real catch - I already said that the 1 litre bottle that I bought cost a whopping £75.00, but 6 months after I bought it (and through loaning it out to my mum, sister and grandma!), there's still masses of product left in the bottle and I can tell it last much longer than I ever expected it to!

I would definitely say that this product is an investment for any kind of hair type, but especially curly and unmanageable hair! I now only use it when I feel my hair is lacking bounce, shine or generally just feels a little weak, dry or tuggy, but for a weekly or even monthly treatment, this is spot on!

Have you tried Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer? Let me know what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment