Monday 30 June 2014

Review | Frizz Ease - Go Curlier by John Frieda | Beauty Brags

Frizz Ease - Go Curlier by John Frieda
I received this product a few weeks ago as a birthday present from my boyfriend's mum, who just happens to be a hairdresser (and a damn good one at that!). She later told me that she had never actually tried this version of the product, but raved about a similar spray by John Frieda for straight hair.

I briefly read the front of the bottle and saw that it was a heat activated spray and so assumed it would be used on dry hair before using heat to protect the hair from damage. When I read the back of the bottle (in very small print!) I saw that I was wrong to assume this and it was actually a spray to control curls and help them to sit better. The spray was actually only activated by heat which meant applying it to wet/damp hair and then using a diffuser for the spray to take effect. The instructions even emphasized that the product should not be used on dry hair, so goodness knows what happens if you do!

I hadn't used a diffuser in year and tend to find them a bit clumpy and hard to hold up and use. Nevertheless, I gave it a go and the result definitely made up for it! I did think at first that using 10-16 sprays of the product on the hair might be a bit excessive but soon realised once I put it on that the nozzle was quite wide and so a lot of product came out in one spray. The result, I have to say, was rather nice and definitely made my curls sit nicer and more tame - at the time. The next day when I woke up, my hair had not returned entirely to its normal state, but was definitely not as controlled and the curls were not as tight as they had been the night before. I'd therefore say that the 48 hour promise the spray gives might not be entirely accurate and so if nice curls are what you what before a night out, you might want to wash your hair and apply this spray on the same day to avoid ruining the look!

Here's a photo of what my hair looked like after applying the spray, my normal mousse and then diffusing it until almost dry (because I found it near enough impossible to get my masses of thick hair completely dry using a diffuser).


As you can see, the curls are definitely tighter and control but they're not bouncy or much more 'alive' than they usually are. Perhaps next time I should using curling tongs to complete the look (the instructions also say that "for maximum effect", tongs should be used after diffusing). Although, having naturally curly hair, I do slightly begrudge having to curl my hair for it to look presentable!

Have you tried Go Curlier by John Frieda? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment