Tuesday 22 July 2014

Review | Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub | Beauty Brags

Bubblegum Lip Scrub by Lush Cosmetics
£5.50
I was given this product as a gift for my twentieth birthday by my friends from uni. I'll admit, I've tried it before but I thought I'd do a wee review on it anyway!

Although I've never tried the bubblegum flavour (as I'm not a big fan of it usually!), I was pleasantly surprised that the taste of the sugar is not extremely strong and is just more sweet and candyfloss-like than anything else. As the scrub is made mainly of sugar, tasting a little bit or "accidentally" getting it in your mouth when applying will do you no harm whatsoever which is a relief given how nice it actually tastes! 

There are two other flavours included in the lip scrub range - popcorn (which I've tried) and mint julips. I'm assuming that the mint one may be a tad newer than the other two as I can't recall seeing it last time I was in the Glasgow store, but having tried the popcorn one, I can assure that it's just as nice (if not a tad nicer) than the bubblegum flavour. 

At £5.50 per tub, it's not exactly the cheapest lipcare product, but it definitely works! My lips were in a right state when I started using the product as I have such a bad habit of biting my lips when I'm nervous, but with only one application, I could already feel that my lips were a lot smoother! I applied the product another 3-4 time throughout the day and by night, I was regretting not buying it for myself earlier! The rough, ragged bits of skin on my lips were gone and I could run my tongue over my lips without feeling disgusted at how chapped it felt!

When I woke the next day, my lips felt dry and not as in great condition as they had felt directly after each application, but another application soon rectified that! That's pretty much the only issue I have with the product - the numerous applications needed in order to maintain the polished look and feel. A couple of days without this and you might find yourself back to square one! Not much of an issue though seeing as how quickly the problem can be fixed!

Sure the sugar might get under your fingernails, and yes it's pricey but if you don't have the time to attempt making your own DIY versions (which I'm sure wouldn't be hard), then this is definitely the product for you!

Have you tried Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub? Or maybe you tried one of the other flavours?
Let me know what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment