Sunday 20 July 2014

Review | Hide The Blemish Conceal by Rimmel London | Beauty Brags

Rimmel London Hide the
Blemish Concealer
Recently I've been focusing on reviewing products which I've been trying out in the past few weeks, so I figured it was about time I showed you guys one which I've been using loyally for years.

I've been using Hide the Blemish Concealer by Rimmel London for at least the past two years and found that, especially for my dark circles, it works miracles. Sure, nothing is perfect and I still occasionally look a tad tired if I haven't had a perfect nights sleep, but for me, this product helps to cover the damage I've done to my eyes over the years which seems to be practically irreversible.

The creamy texture of the product helps for an even coverage and easy application - all you have to do is apply and then rub and dab until fully covered, with your fingers or with a makeup brush if you prefer. I tend to use my fingers, basically because I feel I can see what I'm doing better than I would with a brush in front of my face, but everyone has their preferences and with a product as good as this, I wouldn't expect it would  matter much.

Boots - £3.99 or on 3 for 2
offer (sometimes!)
ASOS - £3.00
As shown to the left, the product comes in the form of a stick, somewhat comparable to that of a lipstick and can be applied exactly like a lipstick - except on your dark circles, blemishes and red patches, not your lips! I feel that this makes it easy to apply as it simply glides over the skin without tearing or pulling. In comparison to some products which I've tried over the years, such as No.7's concealer by Boots, I find that the texture of this one is far from chalky or sticky to apply, which is perfect for my skin type. Occasionally, I have found that without dabbing the product after blending, my skin tends to look a tad shiny on where I've applied it, but it's really nothing that can't be fixed easily.
Application of the product on my skin
Tone: natural beige.

For the application of the product, and indeed any concealer that I've come across, I tend to find that drawing a triangle under the eye (with the base of the triangle being directly under the bottom lashes and the tip of it being around halfway down your cheek, or slightly above) and then blending the product from the cheek upwards works wonders for a perfectly even coverage. When it comes to covering blemishes (the products name-sake!), I would recommend applying the product firstly on to your fingers and then directly on to the blemish to avoid cross-contamination. If you use the actual concealer stick once to directly cover the spot, there's a chance that the bacteria could transfer to the concealer and then on to your face when you use it again later! I've included a photo to the right of this paragraph to show what the product looks like when applied directly on to skin. The tone I use is natural beige and I find it a perfect match. Other tones include soft honey, ivory, golden beige and sand.

Priced at just £3.99 from Boots, this product is definitely worth a try and available from most retailers I've been to. For those avid bargain hunters, ASOS are currently selling this product for £3, which is the cheapest price I've seen it at! Occasionally, Boots will have it on their 3 for 2 offer, so watch out and stock up!

Have you tried Hide the Blemish Concealer by Rimmel London? Or perhaps you know of a better concealer? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment