Tuesday 15 July 2014

Review | TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Amplifying Mousse & Pro-Shine Lasting Hold Hairspray | Beauty Brags

Left - TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Amplifying Mousse
Right - TRESemmé Pro-Shine Lasting Hold Hairspray
I've never been big on using hairspray or mousse, but after a recent (and well overdue) visit to the hairdressers, I noticed that the hairdresser, before drying my hair, applied both mousse and hairspray. Noting that the salon mostly had TRESemmé products, I decided to give it a go on my own. I therefore purchased both the amplifying mousse and the pro-shine hairspray since I didn't want my hair to look dried out by a tonne of product. Both products are shown in the photo to the left.

24 Hour Body Amplifying Mousse

This product promises a long-lasting bounce and volume with maximum hold and I can't find fault in that description at all. The mousse certainly does perk up the curls of my hair upon application and definitely lasts the entire day, and beyond! Although the directions recommend applying the mousse to a brush after shaking, the product tends to come out of the can in liquid form before actually forming into the mousse so perhaps to save your brushes, skip this direction and just apply straight on to your hair using your fingers before thoroughly brushing or combing through the hair. It's also decently priced at £5.75 from Boots, but is available from most other retailers, such as Superdrug, Asda, Tesco, etc. at similar prices. Currently, the product  is on a Boots special offer of 2 TRESemmé products for £7 which is great value if the store has two products in that suit your haircare needs! The only fault I can find with this product is that despite brushing it through my hair thoroughly, when it dries the product tends to stiffen and extra brushing is required to avoid big lumps of hardened hair! Can't expect much more for such a cheap price!

Pro-Shine Lasting Hold Hairspray

I bought this product about a month ago from Tesco at around £5-7, roughly the same as the mousse above. I more or less just picked up the only branded hairspray my small, local Tesco had in stock and found that it was a limited edition X-Factor product, supposedly "expert selected". Overall, I've found it slightly poor in long-lasting quality, although it does tend to hold for a few hours at least. For going out at night, it does the trick until you go to bed, but if you're looking for a product that will hold your curls in place all day, this is not the one for you! I'm not sure if this edition of the product is still available in stores, but I'd perhaps try a firmer version of the product or try another brand altogether! This one does promise a "lasting hold" and fails to deliver, but perhaps a firm hold would be better suited to my hair type, or just be more effective in general. Can't complain too much for the price, though! 

Have you tried either of these products? Or perhaps even something better? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment