Wednesday 17 June 2015

Review | Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick | Beauty Brags

Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick -
Berry Gold - £4.50
Recently a friend of mine became an Avon representative and so I saw an opportunity to order a load of stuff and finally try some products from Avon!

One of these was a lipstick which was priced at £4.50 - a bargain in my books! I was looking for a colour which was quite bold and so when I saw they had a Bold range, I had to try it! The product can be found on the Avon website but if you have a local Avon representative, have a look at their brochure online or ask for a delivery of a paper copy!

Closed product
The colour of the lipstick I opted for was named Berry Gold and I figured that this would be a nice raspberry-cherry colour. When I actually got the product and opened it, it was a lot darker than I was expecting. The packaging, however, was beautiful, a really sophisticated design and something I love looking at in my makeup display. I've provided a picture to the left so you can see exactly what you would be getting!

When I applied it, I was pleasantly surprised. The colour was bold, as promised, but it is not as dark as it looks in the picture and actually is almost identical to the colour swatch that Avon provides online. I've provided my own photo from a swatch on the back of my hand below.
Swatch

Application
In addition to that, the lipstick was really smooth in its application and I only had to put one coat on to get the desired effect. As it went on so smoothly, it traced my lip line perfectly and I barely had to fill in any edges - when I did, it was really easy to to as the lipstick was not too thick that I would go over my lip line.

Overall, I am so satisfied with this product and would definitely buy it again. Great for a night out and fantastic quality, especially for the price of it!

Have you tried Avon's Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick in this shade or any others? What did you think?
Let me know! 





No comments:

Post a Comment