Friday 19 June 2015

Summer Coats | Summer | Fashion


Hey! So this is another post about coats for summer but given the UK climate, it's always essential to have a light feel but rain and cold proof coat and so that's what I'm recommending today! A lot of these are quite similar but it's always good to have choices and I just love these styles so I couldn't resist!

# 1 - From New Look, this first one is a gorgeous stone colour and priced at £49.99. Quite simply, I just love the light, fresh colour of this coat which will protect you from freezing to death but isn't a winter coat that you'll have to wear just because it's raining. The belted aspect of this means that it can adjust at the waist and is a really current look. The buttons are a lovely brown colour which compliments the stone well and the pixie collared neck gives a smart, sharp look overall.

# 2 - This one is a lot more expensive than the last but I have completely fallen for it! This gorgeous navy trench coat comes from River Island and is priced at £85 but is sure to keep you looking stylish and dry, especially as it is knee length! Like the last one, it's belted and so adjustable to your waist size too. Plus it has really nice shiny buttons that I love.

# 3 - I do have to apologize for the quality of the picture on this next one unfortunately. However, the link is right here so please do check it out. It's priced at £40 from Missguided and is a really light grey checked colour. I think this is just perfect for a drizzly day as the colour isn't too dark that you think you're in the middle of winter but will also keep you warm and dry. The colours, as well, are really good for an office environment which can often be tricky to dress for in the summer so this coat matches this really well. Deliberately oversized, this coat is right on trend and reduced in price at the moment!

# 4 - This coat has a slightly different feel from the rest of the coats I picked out but I thought it was great for a more casual, shabby chic look. It's priced at £30 from Forever 21 and promises a snug and warm fitting coat, massive pockets for all your bits and bobs and a drawstring around the waist to tighten as you wish!

# 5 -  Anyone who knows me well knows that I just love the range from George at Asda and so I couldn't do a post without featuring a coat that's fairly priced and ideal for British Summertime! Here, we have a light coloured mac coat with a light feel fabric and sharp edged look. This kind of look will ensure that you look fresh and current in any weather without looking like you just wandered out of December. The belt and fabric ensure a comfortable fit which will suit your needs while keeping you a little warmer when needed!

# 6 - I am cheating slightly with this next one as it is technically classed as a blazer on the River Island website but I think it would be great for most weathers so long as you remember your umbrella! The light pink shade gives a fresh, spring/summer feel and will compliment most summer outfits this season. The fabric should also keep you cool as well as ensuring you don't feel an over enthusiastic breeze. It boasts a textured feel which adds something different and dimensional which is great at only £42.

# 7 - And last but not least it's this beauty from New Look! Now, if you're thinking you like some of these coats but you wish you could merge some of them then this is the coat for you! If you look closely at #1 and #5, this coat is essentially the love child of them, bringing a very light, summery colour with a longer length to make sure the cold is kept out but the warmer climate is not getting the better of you. It's priced at £44.99 which isn't one of the cheaper coats in this post but is likely to last right through until it starts snowing this year so is definitely something which you could invest in!

And that's my summary on some of the coats I have to choose between this summer! I cannot wait to actually invest in one of these and hope that my choices have inspired some of you guys!

Have you bought any of the coats featured in my post or have other recommendations? Let me know and I'll definitely check them out! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment