Sunday 14 June 2015

Review | Lipstick Lock by Rimmel London | Beauty Brags

Lipstick Lock by Rimmel London - £4,99
from Boots.
Hi again! As you can tell, I'm getting through quite a lot of blog posts recently which are about products I bought a few months ago, so thanks for bearing with me!

I bought this product on Valentines weekend as my boyfriend kindly took me on a shopping spree with his credit card, and naturally my first stop was Boots! I didn't intend to buy this product but figured I would give it a try as getting my lipstick to last all night is always something I've had an issue with. If you want to give it a further look, it can be found on the Boots website as well as from other retailers.

From Boots, the product is priced at £4.99 which isn't exactly expensive for what it promises. It's advertised as having a transparent application and helps lipstick last longer.

However, I didn't find the product particularly useful, unfortunately. My version is slightly different in appearance from the one on the Boots website and so some of these issues may have been rectified, but I'm really not sure on that.

Firstly, the smell is horrendous. It essentially smells like nail polish remover but a little stronger so my first reaction was not to put this anywhere near my mouth which is really off-putting! When you do eventually put it on your lips, it can be applied using a little brush that is attached to the lid of the product, as you can see in the photo above, The brush really tickles your lips but as its not exactly a big area to cover, it's bearable, just not exactly a comfortable experience.

Secondly, when you use the brush and apply it over the lipstick you have already applied, residue from the lipstick sticks to the brush. So essentially when you put it back in, the residue will contaminate the rest of the liquid so next time you use it, you're not getting a clean brush and it could affect the colour of your lipstick (if it's different from the last one you used). I just found that really annoying quite frankly as it means washing the brush straight after every use which isn't ideal when you just want to apply and go, or even apply on the go.

And lastly, I just didn't feel that it made my lipstick last longer at all. Which means that if it did work at all, it wasn't for a noticeable period of time - definitely not long enough to make up for the smell or inconvenience of the application.

Overall, I was really disappointed in this product and was just really glad it wasn't more expensive and I only wasted a few pounds on it.

Have you tried Lipstick Lock by Rimmel London? What did you think?
Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment