Tuesday 9 June 2015

Summer Jackets | Summer | Fashion


Hey guys! This post features some great jackets I found for this season which should be perfect for summer weather in the UK. As most of these are actually leather or fake leather jackets, wearing them abroad isn't recommended but for a day when the sun is out and there's a breeze in the air, these would be perfect with a pair of sunglasses and an ice cream!

# 1 - The first one on my list is unfortunately only available in petite at Dorothy Perkins but I completely fell in love with this gorgeous baby blue colour! That colour alone gives such a light, summery feel, you can't help but picture yourself wearing it on a sunny day, having a picnic on some fresh green grass in the park! And after months of hard work studying, I could really do with a day like that very soon! Anyway, this is priced at a decent £41.60 and is on sale at this price at the moment so if you're petite or think you could squeeze into a smaller jacket, run and get it now! If I wasn't 5ft 7", I can guarantee I would be!

# 2 - This one is roughly the same priced at £39.99 but is from New Look this time! It's available in both black (as in the picture above) and mink with a great suede lining. New Look actually brought out a similar jacket last year in tan which I bought and still wear - it's super comfortable and is perfect with almost any outfit! This season, both the black and mink colours will suit most occasions right through to autumn when it turns colder. I also love the cross stitching on the

# 3 - From Forever 21, this jacket is dark brown faux leather and priced at £28. It's pretty much your standard leather jacket but the colour makes it perfect for both summer and autumn and the quilted aspect of it just makes it that bit different which I love.

# 4 - Going back to New Look, I'm cheating a little here with a leather-look blazer which costs £34.99. The sharp edges of this jacket are sure to give any outfit a smart/casual look, especially with the open front. Only thing is, make sure you have an umbrella in case it rains because this jacket does not come with a hood or zip up so depending on your climate, this could be disastrous if you haven't read the weather forecast! As well as being available in tan, this blazer/jacket also comes in pink which is really fresh and great for summer!

# 5 - I've left the most expensive jacket on my list til last but at £60, this jacket from River Island is too stunning to say no to! I'm absolutely loving the peplum part of this jacket which always gives a flattering look to the waistline. The straight, sharp edges of the colour in this jacket are sure to make you stand out anywhere. It does remind me slightly of the 80's but I'm not entirely sure why yet but I love the boldness of it and the fact the River Island website has advertised it as being able to hold me in shape all day long! It has also stated that this item is hand wash only though so be careful and don't ruin it in the washing machine!

So that's my favourite summer jackets at the moment! I hope you've enjoyed this post and maybe even go out and take some of my recommendations on board. Please let me know what you thought and if you have any of your own recommendations for me, let me know and I'll be sure to check them out!

Have you bought any of the summer jackets I've featured in this post?
What did you think of them? Do you have any other summer jackets that you love?
Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment