Wednesday 26 August 2015

Review | Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer | Beauty Brags

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
- £4.19 from Boots
Hey guys! So you know that I love a good bargain and just hate paying over the odds for a beauty product unless I'm treating myself or there's just no other alternative. Based on that, I've tried to find a damn good concealer without having to fork out for the NARS Creamy Concealer which has been on my wishlist for quite a long time now (hint - if anyone fancies buying me a present!).

In any case, I have been recommended the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer so gave it a go - it's only £4.19 currently from Boots so it doesn't break the bank and you don't have to hate yourself until payday if it's no good!

Swatch of the product
However, this product is a really good concealer and so no hating yourself is necessary (phew!). It has a lipgloss-style brush to apply the product with and is a definite liquid texture as opposed to the matte products I usually go for.

I opted to buy the product in the 'cool medium' shade but they also have a darker shade and a lighter shade. I was slightly disappointed by that, I can't lie as they don't have a wide range of shades but for a product that works so well, it definitely should be available to a lot more people!

Firstly, the product blends really well with the skin. It doesn't feel like it's blocking your pores and certainly doesn't look that way either. It has a very lightweight feel and you would forget you had it on if you didn't have to get up earlier in the morning to put your makeup on! The texture is great, quite silky and is really easy just to blend in with your fingers after a few rubs.

The main test for me wasn't whether this product covered my spots and redness - although it did so perfectly! - but whether it covered the awful dark circles under my eyes. I've taken a photo of the product on my left eye and not my right in this post so you can see that there is a visible difference. Yes, it doesn't completely eradicate my dark circles but I really need to stress at this point how bad my dark circles are and how I'm honestly not exaggerating about that at all! Also, no judging my face with lack of other makeup, please!

All in all, I really do like this product and I love how it does cover a lot of my dark circles and brightens up my eye, especially when you apply it to the eyelid as well as below the eye. On a budget, this is great but I still want to try the NARS version!

Have you tried Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer? 
What did you think?
Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment