Friday 21 August 2015

Review | Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Beauty Brags

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - £3.00
from Boots
Hi there!

Welcome to yet another super short and sweet post on a product that there's not too much to say on but one that's been advertising non-stop these past few months!

The packaging on this product is so beautiful and aesthetically pleasing that after seeing all the adverts practically on repeat when the product was first released, it was hard not to pick it up when I casually tried to stroll past it in Boots! When I bought the product from Boots, it was around £4.99 or thereabouts but currently is down in price at £3 online.

Anyway, the product is used for removing makeup and basically getting all the dirt out of your skin so that you're a lot less likely to develop spots and redness of the skin, etc.

Back of the bottle
So, is it a miracle product that will mean you will never struggle to take off makeup ever again and have clear skin forever? Probably not. However, it's actually pretty decent for removing makeup and cleansing the skin.

When I first used the product, I decided I would firstly take off all my makeup with my regular makeup wipes and then pop some of the product on to a makeup pad. When I the brushed the pad against my skin, I was amazed at the amount of makeup and dirt that was still on my skin, even after having "removed" all my makeup thoroughly (or so I thought) with a makeup wipe. No wonder I was still having breakouts with all that clogging up my skin!

So kudos to the product there - it is fantastic at removing makeup and dirt from the skin and I have had less breakouts since using it. However, it's no miracle cure and I do still get spots and all of the rest of the regular complaints about skin!

I did, however, find the product quite harsh on my skin although it says that it is for sensitive skin as well. Now, I don't usually have sensitive skin but I think I will definitely be trying the adapted version of this product specifically for combination and sensitive skin to see if that's any better! That product can be found on Boots also for the same price.

All in all, this product cleanses skin perfectly and removes makeup like a dream! You also get quite a lot of it and it leaves your skin feeling lovely and refreshed!

Have you tried Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water?
Let me know what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment