Monday 10 August 2015

Review | Sleek Eye Brow Kit | Beauty Brags

Sleek Eye Brow Kit - £8.50
Hey guys! I have something pretty special for you today if you'll excuse the photo of the already used product that doesn't look so pretty anymore!

I know most of you are probably addicted to Benefit and would never used any eyebrow kit except theirs, however, I just wasn't up for paying over £20 for an eyebrow kit that was getting mixed reviews so after browsing on Amazon, I came across one at over half the price at £8.49 from Sleek. It can also be bought from Boots and directly from Sleek at the oh-so dearer price of £8.50 (that's a good 1p saving!).

After reading the reviews, I opted to buy the darkest shade as many of the reviews said that they had opted for the colour they usually would and it was light. In my opinion, if you have brown hair or darker, you could get the dark shade. If you're blonde, obviously go for the light shade and I would say medium shades will probably suit anyone in between blonde and brunette more than anything!

The product was delivered very quickly (and freely, I might add!). When I opened it, I actually discovered that I had been given two products (shhh, don't tell anyone!) which was a nice surprise.

The product comes with a wax which should be applied directly to the brows first. The wax is pictured to the left of the first picture on this post and, as you can see, has been used numerous times already! There are two brushes that come with the product - one with a slanted edge and one normal. The one with the slanted edge should be used to apply the wax so that it's much easier to apply the wax to the curves and edges of your brows. The wax is actually surprisingly easy to apply - I usually trace the edges of my brows and then fill in from there to make sure all the hairs are nice and stuck in the shape I want them to be. You don't need much of it and usually just sweeping the brush across the wax gives enough for one application!

Before
After
Once the wax is applied, the powder can be put on so that the brow looks more natural and less like a slug resting above your eyes! The powder is also super easy to put on and should be put on with the small ordinary brush that comes with the product. You really don't need much of this either and just brushing the brush gently against the powder gives you enough to apply to one brow. And there you have it! Perfectly sculpted eyebrows. I've popped a before and after photo to the left and right so you can see the effects for yourself (and so you get to see my not-so-lovely face with no makeup except this on!). I do apply this product thinly though, so if you're wanting something darker then please don't be put off by this as my face just doesn't suit thick brows unfortunately!

I should also mention that the product also comes with a small tweezer which is great for getting rid of any stray hairs before applying the product. I thought that was quite a nice touch, especially given the price of the product!

Overall, I will definitely continue using this product and I can say with absolute certainty that I will not be running out any time soon - I doubt it will be finished by Christmas!

Have you tried Sleek's Eye Brow Kit?
Let me know what you thought!



No comments:

Post a Comment